Saturday, November 13, 2010

Less Than A Week

So, it is less than a week until we find out the gender of the baby!  To say that I am excited is an understatement.  I had often wondered if I would be as excited to find out the gender with a second child as I was with the first one…and now I know that the answer is a resounding YES.  I have been open in saying that I think we are having another boy, which would be wonderful, but I would not be disappointed in the least if I was wrong.  I really think both genders offer different blessings and challenges all of which I will gladly accept!  I think having another boy at this stage would be great for Judah as well as easy for us since we have all boy things and this baby is due to arrive at the same time Judah was born.  That being said, I think having a girl would be a wonderful gift as we don’t have one yet and would hope to have a girl at some point.  I know that there are many people who don’t prefer to find out the sex and say that they feel it is better that way.  They may be totally right, and since I have never tried that, I can’t say that I have an unbiased perspective.  But I have found that knowing the sex does help me to connect with the baby.  I do feel that there is a part of me that needs or wants to physically and emotionally prepare for the baby’s arrival, and part of that (for me) involves knowing the sex of the baby.  When I journal during my pregnancy, it helps to know who I am talking to.  When I have the “itch” to buy something for the baby, I can pick pink or blue.  And now that I have an “older” child, I can tell him about his baby brother or sister and even call the baby by his/her name.  Eric and I both also feel that we have so many “unknowns” in life as it is that the more we can be prepared for, the better we feel.  So, in less than a week we will (hopefully) be able to find out whether baby Rowe is a girl or boy.  Now, the question becomes will we keep it a secret?  Just kidding….    

2 comments:

  1. i didn't think you were keeping it a secret. :) it is your decision. can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I could never keep it a secret! It would kill me! We will be so happy to share the news with you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete