Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dance Recital

Eden had her first dance recital this past weekend. Eden was a bluebird...suuuuper cute. When it came time for rehearsals, Eden decided that she was too nervous, and didn't want to rehearse because she didn't want "all those people" watching her. She would literally cry at rehearsals, and would not participate. I was really hoping she would get over her stage fright so we could see her perform. We tried everything we knew to encourage her to go on stage, but nothing was working. She had a Saturday and Sunday performance. We had tickets for the Saturday night performance.

She was pretty insistent that she would not go out on stage, and sure enough, she did not come onto the stage when it was her class' turn to do their routine. At the end of the program, all the dancers (including Eden) came out on stage for the final bow. Afterwards, I asked her how it felt to go on stage for the bow, and she said, "You were right. It wasn't that bad, mom. I couldn't even see the people in the audience." So, on Sunday, I volunteered to help back stage. Eden and I talked more about the possibility of going out on stage for her Sunday performance. Eden decided that she would give it a try, and she went on stage! I was so proud of her for overcoming her fear! When I asked her how it was, she said, "I almost started to cry, but I didn't!" She was so proud of herself. Good job, Eden girl! Photographs of the performance were only allowed during rehearsal, so of course, I couldn't take any of Eden, since she refused to do the rehearsals. I did, however, get a picture of Eden on stage at the end of the performances, when all the dancers came out on stage. You can't even really see her well, but she is there.








Two of Eden's classmates were also in the performance. Her she is with Madilyn.










Eden with her friend, Tru.

Eden is the third bird in from the left. She's looking off to the side.



No comments:

Post a Comment