Thursday, August 27, 2015

Start of School 2015

Well, they are off! Judah started first grade, and Eden started Pre-K (three days a week) on Wednesday of this week. Eden was very excited, but told me that she was "going to be shy" on her first day of school. She wanted me to stay for a while, and she didn't interact much with the other kids, but just wanted me to play with her while I was there. Her teacher invited the parents to stay for the story "The Kissing Hand" (at which point I have to fight back tears), and then she gave the kids a heart to give to their mommies before they left. When I came to pick her up, she said "Mom, I'm not going to be shy on Friday." :) 

Judah was very excited to finally be in full day school. He has been looking forward to this for a while. When I asked him what his favorite thing was about school, he said it was eating lunch in the cafeteria and staying for the whole day. I also discovered that he ate very little of his lunch. When I asked him why, he said that he didn't feel like eating because he wanted to go outside to play. We will have to work on eating FIRST and playing second. :) All in all, it seems that he is off to a good start.

As for me, it was a bittersweet day. I can't believe I have two in school now. I was a bit sad as I left the school on Wednesday morning, but I had a fun morning playing with Asher-loo, so it didn't last long. I am looking forward to some one-on-one time with Asher as well as some peace and quiet around the house. 











This is how he feels about starting first grade.





Was it something I said?



Big boy







I have more time with this sweet boy!

My kissing hand
Asher's choice for playtime with mommy. This is normally daddy's domain, but I obliged him for a bit. :)




Don't mind that he is playing basketball with a soccer ball...




No comments:

Post a Comment