Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Cubs Game and Eric's Birthday

Eric wanted to go to a Cubs game for his birthday this year. We decided to all go (minus Asher), which was fun, because it was Eden's first Cubs experience. Some highlights of the game were that the Cubs won in overtime, Eden had a good time (and says she wants to go again), and the kids got to run the bases on the field (after the game). The kids are "Clarks Crew" members which allows them to go to the front of the line for running the bases. Both of them were looking forward to this part of the game, and they both said that it was their favorite part. :) The only downside was that it was cooolllld. Oh my, was it cold. The temperature was in the 50's but it felt like 43. It didn't seem that bad when we left in the morning, but the chilly temp coupled with the wind off the lake made for a cold day. We ended up buying an overpriced Cubs blanket because we were all shivering in our seats. All in all, the kids really didn't complain much at all and were really good sports about it. :) 

The other downside is that my camera is temporarily out of service (insert sad face). It's like I'm missing a part of myself. :) It's been torture not having it. A couple weekends ago we took the kids to Chicago, and I was taking pictures with my phone. So, my dad graciously lent me his super nice pro camera to take to the cubs game. I was soooo happy to have a decent camera to take with. Don't mind that I have no idea how to use it...at least it wasn't my phone! 

On our way!


















Opening pitch




Brrrr....

Walking out onto the field


There they go! I didn't have a zoom lens so this was the best I could get-they are the cute kids in pink and blue. :)








Then, we celebrated Eric's birthday today. The kids made him cards and a cake-lego star wars themed. :) We got him a architecture lego set of the Lincoln Memorial, too. What a fun weekend and birthday day-Happy Birthday, honey-we love you!






Ta-da! The kids Lego and Star Wars cake for daddy.












  

No comments:

Post a Comment