Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Eden's Prayer

This week has been a great week of being reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness. Yesterday, Eden wanted to bring a Bible in the car on the way to pick Judah up from school. She was looking at the story of Adam and Eve and was asking me lots of questions. She wanted me to keep talking about the story. This led to discussion of sin, death, and our need for Jesus. Eden told me that she wanted to be a part of God's family (this is the second time she has told me this). I talked with Eden about what that means (our need for God and obeying God with our lives), and she asked me how she could be in God's family. I told her that I would love to pray with her, and asked her if she wanted to pray after we got home. She said, "No, mom, I want to pray right now.", and so we did! I told Eden that a decision to follow Jesus is the most important decision that she will ever make. Eden said, "I can't wait to see Jesus! I want to show Him how I do my letters." Ah, the mind of a four-year-old. 

My prayer is that this discussion, and Eden's prayer is genuine. I don't know how much she grasps at this young age, but I was so encouraged. Lord, please help Eden grown in love, knowledge, and obedience to you. 




   

1 comment: