Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Asher's 1st Birthday

We celebrated our little Asher-loo turning one this past weekend! How time flies. His official birthday isn't until July 3rd, but we decided to celebrate the weekend before since we didn't want to compete with the July 4th weekend festivities. It was such a great day for a party. I was super excited to finally have a summer child so I can hold an outside birthday party. Asher's theme was what I call...keep it simple. :) I didn't officially have a theme for his party per se, but I did coordinate colors. I really wanted to keep things simple. So, we had his party at a local park (with splash pad), we ordered some pizzas (and some chick-fil-a nuggets with a couple sides), had some cake, and viola...there is Asher's 1st birthday party!

To start, it was a windy day, so things were blowing here and there (we had to put balloon weights on the plates and napkins, and a couple of my decorations kept blowing over), but it ended up being a real blessing, because it was a hot day but the breeze made it much more bearable. This was also Asher's first taste of cake. He had his own smash cake; it's always fun to see what each child does with it. Asher had some bites of cake, but ended up being much more interested in squishing it through his fingers and flinging it around. I think Asher had a good time, although we could barely get him to crack a smile. :) Here are a "few" pics of our fun day. Be warned...I took quite a few with Asher and his smash cake. :)



So, a friend and I made this cute little banner, and Asher basically ruined it it within 10 minutes of being in his chair. :) Once he realized that it was there, he kept pulling on it. Thankfully I got a "before" picture of it. :)








Baloons were a good idea in my head, but not-so-much in reality. Here they are blowing around.

He loooooves pizza. :)




"Am I allowed to do this?"
















Go Asher!
Making progress



"And what am I supposed to do now?"







Finally a smile!





Best 1st birthday pic ever!





aaaannnnd done
Time for the splash pad and park









Goofy kid














There was a baseball game going on, and the kids were running up and down the hill to watch.

best buds








No comments:

Post a Comment