Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Eric's B-day

We typically don't do much for our birthday's around here (referring to me and Eric), but the kids and I wanted to do something special for Eric this year. Judah had the idea (all on his own) to have a star wars birthday for daddy. He specifically wanted to get him a star wars present. I'm not sure if he picked up on the fact that Eric really likes star wars or what, but it was such a cute sentiment. We went to the store to pick out some star wars action figures for "daddy" (ulterior motive here?), and it was so funny when Judah said, "I can't WAIT for daddy to share his toys with me!". The kids also made cards for Eric, and Judah specifically made two star wars cards (one apparently was not enough). He wanted to know the names of the characters and he asked me how to draw a lightsaber....the kid really got into it. Judah is not much of a drawer (as in he doesn't do it very often), but he really went to town on his cards. We also baked a cake and decorated it for Eric, and Eric's one food request was "party potatoes".

One of Judah's cards. He wanted me to name it "Star Wars Adventures" :)

This is the inside. He drew his version of some of the characters...hilarious! Notice that Chewbacca has brown fur and Darth Vader has a "mask".

Eden wanted to say "I love hugs, I love dollies, I love daddy."


Hard at work decorating the cake





But of course




Eric let the kids help him open presents







Blue icing because daddy's favorite color is blue

The cake had three candles because the kids thought Eric was turning 3. :)
Forget the fork, this girl likes to use her hands

Daddy did this....good thing Judah has a good sense of humor. :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment