Friday, May 30, 2014

Anniversary 2014

We celebrated our anniversary this past weekend by staying in downtown Chicago at a nice hotel. My parents took the older two kiddos, and we took Asher with us (since I am still nursing). We had a nice relaxing time. We did a lot of walking and ate at some fun places. I realized that one of the things I like about the city is that you can walk to a nice place to eat and then walk back after you eat. This year, I particularly enjoyed the walking aspect of our trip. We weren't in much of a hurry for anything since we didn't have tons planned, and it felt good to get up and walk around a little after eating meals, etc. Here are a few pics of our weekend, although ironically there are no pictures of us together-ha! I was so laid-back over our weekend that I didn't even really wear makeup (hence no pictures of me). :)

Relaxing in our hotel room!
Asher was so smiley, I had to snap some pictures of him. Love this face!








I love when he crosses his ankles. :)

The view from our room

Scenery on our way to breakfast
A lovely morning for a nice stroll to breakfast


Enjoying breakfast at one of our favorite breakfast places

Peek-a-boo!




Our hotel was above the Shops At Northbridge, so this was one of the entrances.


We stopped at the Disney Store and got each of the kids a gift. Eric picked out Chewbacca (from Star Wars) for "Asher". I think we all know who he got it for. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment