Friday, July 1, 2016

He Did It

Judah is not a risk taker; he is a proceed-with-caution kind of kid. He hesitates to try new things, particularly if he thinks it might be hard for him or if he perceives there is a level of danger involved. We always try to encourage him to try new things even if he thinks it might be too difficult, because you never know what you might be capable of until you try. Usually when we encourage him to try something new (or persevere at something), he discovers that he can do it and you can just see his confidence grow.

So, this summer, we have told him that he will learn to ride his bike without training wheels. He has been hesitant to try this, but we have told him that it is time. We know he can do it, and he has agreed that he wants to try. We were at a friends house the other day, and she wanted to ride bikes with Judah (she had an extra one for him). Judah looked at me and said, "Mom, can I try now?". I was so excited that he waned to try. I briefly held his seat and gave him a push, and he was off just like that. His smile was from ear to ear. Once we got home, all he wanted to do was ride his bike and try out his newfound skill. I just love seeing him gain confidence like this. He kept saying, "Mom, take a picture of me!!". I was happy to oblige.

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment