Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Asher 7 Months

Well, this past month held a couple "firsts" for Asher.  He got his first tooth (bottom front left); it's barely peeking through, but it's there!  This past month was also a first for getting pink eye, bronchiolitis, and pneumonia....not fun "firsts" but memorable (and not in a good way).  He is officially sitting up without any assistance, although there is the occasional tip-over. 

I don't have the specific weight and height stats on-hand, but I know he was just over 17 pounds at his 6 month visit, which put him in the 39th percentile for weight. He was in the 78th percentile for length. He is much more lean than his siblings were at this stage.  He is not a big fan of baby food. I attempt to feed him twice a day with baby food, but I am lucky if I get more than a handful of spoonful's in him.  It seems that nursing still pretty much satisfies him.  Both Judah and Eden took to baby food pretty well, but for whatever reason, Asher doesn't like to eat a lot of it. 

He still gets up once or twice a night as well.  I think part of it is because Asher does not take a pacifier nor does he suck his thumb, so when he wakes up at night, he lacks a soothing sucking reflex to help lull him back to sleep (so, that would be me).  Although I would love to get a full nights sleep, I find that I am not as focused on that this time around, and instead am just trying to cherish the sweet moments I have with him.  All I have to do is look down at that sweet little face (and hands, and legs, etc.) and I don't mind as much.  Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the day he sleeps for longer than 5-6 hours at a time, but I have resolved that this day will come, and in the meantime I am content to spend an extra few minutes with him at night rocking and nursing him.       

He loves his daddy for sure.  He likes to sit with Eric and be held by him, and he gives Eric the biggest smile when he sees him.  It's super cute. 










No comments:

Post a Comment