Thursday, August 1, 2013

Jelly Bean Sports

We enrolled Judah in a 4 week sports program through the park district this summer called Jelly Bean Sports.  It wasn't a huge commitment, but it was enough to get Judah trying some different sports and engage in teamwork as well as practice listening to instruction and following directions.  It is safe to say that it was a huge hit.  Judah is inclined towards sports anyway, so I wasn't surprised that he totally enjoyed that aspect of it, but I wasn't sure how he would do at the listening and following instruction part.  I didn't actually take him to any of the practices, but my parents and Eric both took him on different occasions and said that he did really well.  He came back from each practice saying how much of a good time he had.

Each week they practiced a different sport, so Judah played soccer, baseball, basketball, and football.  Judah still says that his favorite sport is baseball.  Oh, and I though it was really funny that Judah's coaches names were "Coach Cupcake" and "Coach Pickle"...what a cut idea to help little kids remember coaches names.  Judah came home from the first class talking about Coach Pickle, and I totally thought he was making it up and being silly, but then Eric told me that this is what the coach told the kids to call him...too funny! 

I wasn't able to take any pictures since I wasn't able to go to any games, but Eric took the camera on the last practice and took a couple pictures of Judah for me.  He wasn't able to many pictures of Judah playing because he had to participate some, but at least it's something. :)
     

Getting ready for some warm up exercises




 







Coach Cupcake and Judah


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment