Friday, March 11, 2011

Ramblings of a Mother


I have proud mommy moments from time to time, when I just feel so grateful to have Judah for my son.  It has nothing to do with my parenting or really anything specific that he is doing at a particular moment; it’s just a general feeling that I experience at seemingly random moments.  So, I thought I would take a moment to write down some of the things that make him so endearing to me (I might need to come back and read this when he is a teenager!).  I first need to say that I think God has blessed me with one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen.  Now, before I sound like I am bragging, I will a) acknowledge that I am his mother, so I think he is adorable no matter what, and b) make a disclaimer that I am not implying in any way that I have anything to do with his cuteness-he is a true masterpiece of God’s.  I realize that this may sound superficial, but his big blue eyes, long eyelashes, the way he smiles, laughs, and crinkles his nose, are all part of the more obvious things that brighten my day and bring a smile to my face.  I think I can thank God for that, don’t you? 
Cuteness aside, I am also grateful for Judah’s personality.  I am grateful for who God made him.  I love his go-with-the flow mentality, and his laid back demeanor.  This is another blessing to me from God.  I love his energy, curiosity, and all his boy-ness.  I love the small every day things about him that are so silly-like how he waves hi to strangers in the store even when they aren’t looking, or how he looks at himself in the mirror and laughs and laughs, or how he gets so excited to say “mama” or “daddy” repeatedly.  I love how he is careful to pick up his books and put them away after we have read a few, how he thinks it is hilarious to walk around with his blankets over his head, or how his huge smile is so contagious even when I am in a bad mood.  I could go on and on, but I digress.  All of these small things add to the special moments that make me feel so blessed to be his “mama”.  I feel like I am on a wonderful adventure discovering all of the aspects of his personality and who God made him to be.   
Okay, I think that is enough rambling…..for now.     

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. You do have a very special and very handsome little fella. =) It's been fun getting to know him along with you these past months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Meghan. :) We have really enjoyed getting to know you and your sweet family, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it-it's true that God strikes us as moms with those special moments that remind us why we wanted to be moms in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Jessie, it's true! And I am also glad to hear that you still have those moments, even as a mother of three...haha! What an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete