Monday, March 21, 2011

Days Like These

Today is just one of those days. ..not the worst day ever, but not a great day either.  Judah just came down with a cold and is whiny/crabby conveniently only when I tell him “no”.  And when he is sick, somehow his listening skills go out the window, too.  And then there is me.  I feel like I could sleep for a week!  I’m going to go ahead and blame it on being less than two weeks from my due date, but I am really dragging.  A crabby/sick child and a tired/impatient mama are never a good combination.  I need reinforcements!  Okay, I don’t NEED reinforcements, I want reinforcements.  What I NEED is a good healthy dose of God’s perspective, patience, and love, which I am currently running low on.  Days like this are actually kind of good I guess, because they help to remind me of why I need a Savior.  They remind me that I actually can’t do everything right on my own, and that I need to rely on Him for the proper responses.  I need to rely on Him to love selflessly and show true patience.  My strength can’t come from me; it has to come from Him.  I am ashamed to admit that so many days go by where I don’t remember that.  So, I guess now that I think about it, I should be grateful for days like these.  After all, bad days remind me that I am desperately in need of a good God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment