Friday, December 3, 2010

A Few Of His Favorite Things

Well, time is flying, and Judah is 20 months now.  It is so hard to believe that in only four short months, he will be two!  My little guy is not so little anymore (tear, tear).  So, I thought I would write down a few of his favorite things to do right now.  He is always doing new things, and I know that with time I am likely to forget some of the small details from his childhood.  Thankfully, I have my pictures and blogging to help me remember! 

The Computer
He has actually been into the computer for a little while now.  He is really into anything that has buttons to push (cell phones, remote controls, and pretty much anything electronic).  I should clarify that he is not allowed to play with the computer, and when he goes near the computer to touch it, I can hear him saying "no no".  I did allow him to sit with the computer to get the following pictures, and for those 20 seconds, he was in computer heaven.



The Tunnel
The tunnel is a newer interest of Judah's.  I bought it months ago thinking that it would be something fun for him (and because it was on clearance), but he would not play with it at all.  He would start to go in the tunnel and then would quickly want to get out.  But now, he wants me to take it out daily, and loves to crawl through it.  He laughs and laughs as he goes through the tunnel, and he has even tried to get me to go through it with him.  Poor guy didn't really understand when I told him that mommy wouldn't fit!



The Tongue
Eric and I aren't really sure why he does this, but his tongue hangs out of his mouth all the time, and he thinks it's funny.  What a silly boy!

Trucks, Trucks, Trucks
Judah has taken a real interest in trucks, cars, and airplanes in the last month or so.  He loves to look at them in books, point at them outside, or play with his toy automobiles at home.  I am always surprised at his ability to hear the sounds of trucks or airplanes outside, too.  When he hears an airplane flying overhead, he gasps and wants me to come to the window with him to see if we can see it flying in the sky.




Blankies
What can I say about his beloved blankies.  He loves these, and he would walk around with them all day if we let him (which we don't).  He likes to hug them, lay on them, and carry them.  He sometimes puts them over his head and walks around like that which is so funny.  All I have to do to motivate him to go upstairs for a nap or bedtime is to say, "Let's get your blankes!". 



Books
I think it is so great that Judah loves books.  Lately, he has been wanting to get up on the couch, sit there and read for a while.  Sometimes he actually sits for a while "reading" a book.  His favorite books right now are ones with many small pictures on one page, because he likes all the different things to look at.  He loves to point at various objects and have me tell him what they are, even if I have told him ten times already. 




"It's Time To Pray!"
This is perhaps one of the funniest things that Judah is up to now.  He has noticed that we close our eyes when we pray with him, so when I say "pray" or "it's time to pray", he does a long blink.  It is so funny!  He shuts his eyes really hard for just a second, like he is trying to copy us or tell us that he understands what we mean.  Sometimes during the day, he will randomly look at me and give me a long, hard blink.  When he does this, I always stop what I am doing and say a quick prayer with him.  It is too cute!  I love this little guy.




No comments:

Post a Comment