Thursday, April 6, 2017

March 23rd

The most exciting thing about this past year for Judah was that on March 23rd, he prayed to ask Jesus to be Lord of his heart. Recently, I have been taking more time with the kids at bedtime to talk about our day, ask questions, and confess anything that needs to be confessed. This has proven to be a valuable time. I was tucking Judah in for bed, and we were talking about random things. Then, he said to me, "Mom, I want to tell Jesus I am sorry for my sins and ask for his forgiveness." As I asked him more about what he meant by this, it was clear that he wanted to pray for Jesus to come into his life. He said that he knew he prayed something similar when he was younger, but he didn't really remember it, so he wanted to do it now. 

After we talked a little more, he prayed his own short sweet prayer of confession and then asked Jesus to "reach down into my heart." He had a smile from ear to ear when he was done. He even told his teacher at school the very next day. Our prayer for Judah is that he grows in his understanding of what it means to actually follow Jesus, that he grows in spiritual strength and maturity, and that he learns to use his God-given talents and personality strengths for the good of the Kingdom! Praise God for his gift of salvation to us, and praise God for stirring in Judah's heart a desire to follow Him.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment