Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Florida Day 3

Day 3 was a beach day! We drove over to Sanibel Island, where there are lots of beaches to choose from. We decided on Lighthouse Beach, and it was a really neat experience.

Truth be told, I am not an ocean person...like, at all. I actually think it's totally gross; I won't step foot in the ocean. I do like beaches, just not the ocean. (I did go snorkeling while in Hawaii, but I consider that a rare situation). Most of the animals that live in the ocean are slimy and look strange, but one of the few oceanic creatures I can tolerate are dolphins. Who doesn't love dolphins, right? While we were at Lighthouse beach, we saw two dolphins swimming in the water not far from the beach! People gathered around to watch them. I heard someone say that they had never seen dolphins get that close to the beach before. It was very cool. It was hard to get pictures of them because they popped in and out of the water so fast, but I sure tried. Also, Sanibel beaches are some of the top beaches known for their sea shells. So, Eden and I walked the beach searching for some special shells to take home. We ended up with quite a few. :)


















Uncle Able joined us at the beach for the morning. It started out a tad chilly, which is why he has a sweatshirt on.














Eric dug a moat in front of the castle he was building, and Judah would fill it up with water. Asher loved to sit right on the edge and dangle his feet in the water. He was perfectly content to sit there most of the time and dig in the sand.
























Eden and I built a "sea shell pie". It doesn't look like much here, but it sure was fun to make. :)











The water was very very cold...brrrr.









Brotherly love


What's better than a seashell pie? TWO seashell pies. :)

We had lunch here after the beach. There are a lot of fish places to eat in Florida. :) One thing I discovered while on our vacation was that I really like fish-specifically grouper. We don't eat much fish at home, but I had a bite of Eric's grouper one night and it was so good. I think I had grouper about four times on our vacation-yummmm. 



What do the kids want to do after a morning at the beach? Head back into the pool....








No comments:

Post a Comment