Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We were home for Thanksgiving this year, which means that we go over to my parents for a wonderfully yummy Thanksgiving meal.  I was soooo looking forward to some turkey and mashed potatoes this year.  During the month of November, we have a "thankful window" at home where we write (with washable window crayons) something that we are thankful for each day.  I am not super creative (and I have a son who is not into "arts and crafts"), so this is a simple and easy way to try to teach the discipline of being thankful.  The weather was nice this year, too, so Judah was able to spend some time outside playing with my dad and Eric.  During the kids' nap, some of the adults engaged in a game of Scrabble.  Games are not my thing, so I just rested and observed, but this year it was a good one!  My brother is the almost-undefeated Scrabble champion (Eric beat him once), so it is always Eric's goal to try and win over my brother.  Eric ended the game up by one, but then had to give his last letter to my brother for a point, which meant that Abe actually won by one....talk about close! 

Thank you, God, that we have so much to be thankful for!    






Grandad showing Judah pictures on the computer

 


It's turkey time!





Judah loves his Grandad. :)





Our thankful window

No comments:

Post a Comment