Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Decorating the Christmas Tree

Here are some pics of the kiddos decorating the tree this year.  Judah was really interested this year, so it was fun to see him get excited to put ornaments on the tree.  Of course, after he "helped" I had to go back and redo much of what he did, since he put multiple ornaments on the same branches and it was a little bit of a mess, but that was okay. 

Also, the kids get to pick out a new ornament each year, and this year I took them each to do that seperately.  Eden picked out a gingerbread "man" (although it is pink, so I am assuming it is a lady).  It was cute because when we were in the store, I was showing her a bunch of ornaments asking her if she wanted/liked this one or that one, and she kept shaking her head "no".  Sometimes she would hold an ornament and then give it back to me.  But when she saw the gingerbread lady, she kept pointing with excitement.  When I asked her if that was the ornament she wanted, she said "yah"!  I thought it was so funny that someone so little would have an opinion on such things! 

Judah specifically requested a dinosaur ornament this year.  I didn't even know if there was such a thing, but I was sure going to find out. :)  I ended up finding a real-looking dinosaur ornament at Hallmark.  So, Judah and I made a date night out of it.  He requested to eat at Potbelly, and specifically wanted their potato soup (um, whatever happened to a burger at McDonalds).  Seriously, this kid cracks me up.  After eating, we headed to Hallmark where we found our dinosaur ornament.  Then, we ended our evening getting hot chocolate and a brownie at Starbucks.  A funny moment at Starbucks was after I asked Judah some conversational questions.  When I stopped asking questions for a moment, Judah looked at me and said, "Mom, don't you have any more questions to ask me?"  I replied, "Well, why don't you ask me a question" to which he responded, "Um, no, you can just ask me questions." We'll have to work on the whole concept that a conversation is not just one-sided, lol.

Oh, and don't mind the disheveled looks of my children.  It was morning and clearly my priority was getting the tree done...at least that is what I will tell you all. :) 


Daddy showing Eden how to put an ornament on the tree











An example of Judah hanging three ornaments on one branch. :)
          
Eden's ornament

Judah's ornament

No comments:

Post a Comment