Sunday, January 23, 2011

Unplanned


My third book of the year is finished!  I really never would have guessed that reading would become my new pastime.  I have come to the conclusion that maybe I am trying to read as much as I can before the baby comes, because I know my priorities and time will shift a bit when she is here.

This book is the personal telling of a former Planned Parenthood leader’s journey from one side of the pro-choice/pro-life “fence” to the other.  I wanted to read this book because the pro-choice/pro-life topic is an area that I have been passionate about for many years.  Simply put, this was an interesting, good read, but I know that it may not be for everyone, particularly if this is not a topic of interest to you.  That being said, I think that issues of life and death should indeed hold some weight in the life of a Christian.  I think that this book offers a unique perspective from someone who has truly believed in and lived out both pro-abortion and pro-life beliefs.  For me, some of the underlying messages of this book were: the foolishness of worldly thinking, the transforming power of God who is bigger than any lie, God’s work behind the scenes of our life and His bigger unseen plan, and the power of persistent prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment