Wednesday, January 2, 2019

December Fun

Judah was invited to a gingerbread house party, and we decided to go. Apparently, this is an annual thing that has been happening for decades in our area, and we had no idea of the magnitude of this event until we arrived. I was thinking that we would make a small gingerbread house and be on our way. Oh no. There were tables of large cardboard house cut-outs of various shapes (and I believe they each had a name...I think ours was called the "Swiss Chalet"). Each table had jars of frosting and boxes of graham crackers to cover your house, and there were tables in the center that had all types of candy on it for you to decorate your house. Judah and I were there for a while, but I hadn't planned enough time for us to finish the back side of the house (you could easily spend many hours doing this). We had a great time, and Judah told me that he wants to go again next year! I didn't take any pictures while we were there, but Judah wanted me to take some after we brought the beast home. :)










 Eric and I also took Eden to the Nutcracker (performed by the Joffrey Ballet) again this year. She loved it so much last year, so we decided to do it again, and it did not disappoint! We took her out for a "fancy" dinner beforehand as well.



Eric's fancy soup




No comments:

Post a Comment