Saturday, May 5, 2018

Race for Education 2018

The kids ran for their school fundraiser this past Friday. They ran their little hearts out, and I am so proud. Eden and Asher ran in the morning, and Judah ran in the afternoon. Eden ran 15 laps. I was so proud of that girl. Typically, she is not that "sporty", but she ran like she was a pro. She pushed herself and kept going and going. The fastest runner in her class (a boy) only got one lap more than she did. Afterwards, she said, "Mom, my legs felt like they were going to fall off, but I kept going." Asher ran 12 laps. He also pushed hard. He was petering out by the end, so my friend Meredith held his hand and ran with him so he would keep going, and he finished strong. Judah ran 19 laps, which is 3 laps more than he got last year! Good job, buddy!

Someone's ready to go!


The first graders





Before race prayer...someone is peeking. :)














Waving at Grammie











Now this is the look of determination!



And this is the mommy-I'm-tired-help-me look

Meredith to the rescue












3rd grade


Getting ready







Grammie went a lap with Judah 







The cheering squad




Eden's class came out to watch the older runners




 

No comments:

Post a Comment