Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Judah turns 6!

Yep, another year just flew by. Judah has been looking forward to his 6th birthday for months. He has been patiently (or impatiently) waiting for this day to come, frequently asking when he will turn six. He has really been into Legos and Star Wars this past year. We gave him the choice of having a party with school friends or going to Legoland with Mommy and Daddy, and he chose the latter. So, Eric and I treated Judah to some time at Legoland with just the two of us (on Saturday) and then we had a small family party for him on the evening of his birthday (Monday). It all worked out well, and Judah had a great time. Here are some pictures!

We bought Judah this special birthday shirt, and he loooooves it. I had to snap a few pictures of the birthday boy in his shirt.
I keep telling Eric that this kid is going to be taller than me by the time he is 8!





Legoland here we come!






The Chicago exhibit was by far my favorite thing to see at Legoland. It was so cool to see all the well-known Chicago buildings and areas built with Legos. Seriously so cool!

This is Chicago by day. And then the lights would go down after a while (as you can see in the previous picture), and the buildings would light up.


Navy Pier






The Bean!










We saw how Legos are made


Loot





Here are some pictures on his actual birthday. The theme was Lego Star Wars, so that's what his cake was. I would like to give a shameless plug for Wal-Mart. They did this cake for me for $12.49. Yep...that's right. I had to add the Lego figures and pieces myself because they couldn't do anything trademarked (so they told me to add the figures once I got home), but I was really pleased with how it looked, especially considering the cost. And it was really good, too.












In case anyone is curious, Lego Star Wars party supplies are virtually impossible to come by right now, so we supplemented with some regular Star Wars things. This was his special birthday balloon.








"Happy Birthday to you!"




Birthday boy gets to lick the candle

Frosting mustache












Baseball glove from daddy!


Time to put together a Lego set!


Judah and daddy with their new baseball gloves.


No comments:

Post a Comment