Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dad!

We weren't able to do anything super special for my dad this year on his birthday, but we did get together and have some cake.  I think birthdays are special for many reasons, but I love that birthdays give us a chance to focus on people that are special to us maybe more than we normally would.  I am so grateful that we live close to my parents, and I know my kids have benefited greatly from seeing them so often.  I am specifically grateful for the time my dad is able to spend with the (grand)kids even though I know he is still busy at times, because I think that he has a very special and unique role in their lives as their only granddad.  It is so clear that they look up to him and love spending time with him.  As a daughter, I am grateful for his guidance, wisdom, generosity, and sacrifice over the years.  As a mother, these things mean even more to me.  Thank you dad for all that you have sacrificed and given over the years.  We love you and Happy Birthday!







No comments:

Post a Comment