Sunday, August 14, 2011

Catching Up

I have been terrible about blogging since we moved, so I need to do some catching up.  Unfortunately, I have also not been on top of taking pictures, too, although I have taken a few.  I am learning that I am not a good multi-tasker (aren't women supposed to be good at that?)...so, when I get focused on one task, I seem to have a hard time focusing on other things.  I have been keeping busy unpacking boxes, putting away things, and I am finally feeling more settled in our new home.

It took Eric (with the help of his brother and some friends) two weekends to move all of our stuff.  Then, Eric spent a third weekend getting our other place ready for the renters.  Here is a recap of some of the things accomplished in the past two weeks (and three weekends): we moved all of our stuff, unpacked all said stuff, painted some walls (in the old house), cleaned appliances, fixed a fan, installed blinds, fixed storm door, bought mower and mowed lawn (more than once), installed new garage door system, hung curtains and some wall thingys, cleaned carpets, put in some new door handles, replaced the toilet seats, installed a pantry rack, put together some new shelves, and more.  Oh, and not to mention that Eric still had to work, and I had to take care of two kids.  Needless to say, we have stayed pretty busy.  I am so grateful to be in our new home, and I feel so very blessed to have the opportunity to live here, but I have no desire to move again any time in the near future. :)  I think we said that the last time we moved, too. 

I have been so impressed at how Eric has taken on the "handyman" role with no problems at all.  He is able to look at a problem (or just something we want to do), figure out what needs to be done, and take care of it.  It may take him some time to do it, but he can get it done.  I have a new respect for his determination and hard work (and he's so smart). I always knew that he had those qualities, but I am seeing and experiencing them in a new way now.

Here are some of the few pictures that I took from the last couple weeks:
Moving out
 Little guy trying to help
 I started just throwing empty boxes down our basement stairs until we had a backup issue...oops.
 This little critter started greeting us at our patio door in the morning (after morning after morning).  We figured that the previous owners had a bird feeder which this little guy must have gotten some food from.
 He was pretty bold in his request for food...he even would climb the screen door and didn't seem scared of us at all!
 Sorry Alvin (his new name), no food for you.
 A necessary purchase
 Ah, the "red beauty", as I refer to it.
 Eric's first lawn mowing experience in our new home!
 My two lovies...
 they make me smile all the time.


 Typical...
         

1 comment:

  1. look at eden's red hair, love it! you guys have been working so hard. praying for some rest & relaxation in august for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete