Monday, May 22, 2017

Texas Trip-Day 1

Eric and I were able to take a short trip to Texas this past weekend. We were there for three days while my parents watched the kids. My sister's oldest son was getting married, and my parents decided that they were not going to attend the wedding, but wait to visit with them later this year instead. So, this provided us with an opportunity to visit family in Texas (which we have never done before) as well as do some sightseeing.

On day 1, we were able to visit Magnolia (in Waco) on our way to the wedding. Yes....MAGNOLIA!!! Oh man...I might have been most excited about this stop. As one might imagine, it was adorable. And how many pictures can one person take of silos? You are about to find out. In addition to the fun shopping, there were food trucks and even a grassy common area where families were hanging out, throwing footballs, swinging, and playing bean bag toss. Can it get any cuter? And the icing on the cake was that we ran into my brother and his family who were also in the area for the wedding, and we were able to have lunch together!





















This is the food truck we chose. I didn't get a picture of the food, but it was good stuff!


and dessert





 


 

We also made a stop at the Dr. Pepper factory in Waco. Apparently, this is the home of Dr. Pepper...who knew!





This is the only picture I took at the wedding. This is my beautiful sister dancing with her newly married son. Let me just take a minute and say how happy we were to get to spend time with some of these people. My older brother and sister grew up with a different family (step-family) and we didn't see each other much growing up. As a matter of fact, there is a whole set of their siblings that I have never met. I was able to meet a whole bunch of people at this event, and every person we met were not only ecstatic to finally meet "Ginny's little sister", but they were about the nicest folks you would ever meet. I so wish that we lived closer! What a group of fun and genuinely nice folks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment