Friday, June 1, 2012

The Bean

I have always wanted to get a picture of the "bean" in Millenium Park WITHOUT people around it.  I didn't think that would be possible until I had the brilliant idea to get up at sunrise and go take pictures before the crowds were there.  My loving hubby agreed to do this with me during our weekend in the city (after all, we might not get the chance to do this again).  It was a good idea...except for the fact that we assumed the park opened at sunrise (which was 5:20 that day).  When we arrived, we found out that the park in fact did NOT open at sunrise, but rather opened at 6:00.  Bummer.  So, we decided to hang out until we were allowed in.  It turned out okay because pictures that early would not have been good as the sky was very overcast and grey, but it would have been nice to have gotten that extra hour of sleep...oh well.  So, I was able to get some pics of the bean.  The sky was a bit overcast, but it lightened up after a bit.  After I took pictures, we went out for an early breakfast, returned to the hotel, and went back to sleep....ahhhhhhh. :)  Without further adieu, here is the bean. :)















  

2 comments: